Кострома

Кострома — древний русский город, история которого тесно связана с судьбами всей России, расположен в трехстах пятидесяти километрах от Москвы на берегах великой русской реки Волги.

В древние времена город был застроен главным образом деревянными постройками, но из-за частых пожаров памятники глубокой старины для истории русского зодчества не сохранились.

Только в XVII веке в Костроме были воздвигнуты широко известные и дошедшие до нас памятники архитектуры, такие как Троицкий собор Ипатьевского монастыря, посадские церкви Воскресенья на Нижней Дебре, Иоанна Богослова в Ипатьевской слободе. Рождества, Христова на Городище.

В 1778 году по указу Екатерины II Кострома становится административным центром обширного наместничества, а позднее, с 1797 года — центром Костромской губернии. В связи с этим в городе было начато интенсивное строительство новых административных зданий. Новая застройка велась но генеральному плану, но четкой схеме, при которой улицы радиальных направлений сходились к центральной площади, причем главная ось плана перпендикулярна набережной Волги и проходит через ату площадь. Таким образом, центр Костромы сложился в основном в конце XVIII — первой трети XIX веков как необычайно цельный ансамбль, и сохранился почти в неизменном виде по сей день.

Создателями этого ансамбля являлись архитекторы С. А. Воротилов, II. И. Фурсов, В. И. Стасов. На сторонах кварталов, образующих центральную площадь, расположены пожарная каланча, бывшие гауптвахта и гостиница, особняк Борщова и здание присутственных мест. Здания каланчи и гауптвахты по праву вошли в золотой фонд памятников русской архитектуры.

Кострома в XVIII веке становится крупным торговым центром на Волжском пути. Сохранившийся до нашего времени комплекс торговых рядов является одним из самых крупных в России. Он строился на протяжении нескольких десятилетий, начиная с конца XVIII века. Особенно интересны Большие Красные и Мучные, Табачные, Пряничные, Масляные ряды.

Цельный облик административно-торгового центра Костромы, его архитектурную характеристику не нарушили крупные сооружения конца XIX века, такие, как дома Третьякова, бывший Романовский музей и др. Одним из самых интересных объектов для осмотра в Костроме является историко-архитектурный музей-заповедник, расположенный в бывшем Ипатьевском монастыре. Существует научная гипотеза о том, что монастырь был основан в XIV веке, но до наших дней дошед сложный комплекс зданий, в котором сохранились разновременные постройки, начиная с конца XVI века и кончая последней четвертью XIX века.

Центральное место в ансамбле занимает Троицкий собор постройки 1652 года. Здание очень монументально по формам, увенчано богато орнаментированными главами, его северный фасад украшен выразительной формы крыльцом и красивым декором. Стенопись собора, выполненная в 1685.году артелью костромских изографов под руководством Гурия Никитина и Силы Савина, является одним из лучших произведений этих мастеров.

На главной площади монастыря расположена звонница, возведенная в начале XVII века, с тремя этажами арок, с шатровым покрытием. На ней размещалось до 20. больших и малых колоколов и древние часы с боем. У западной стены монастыря расположены палаты бояр Романовых — келарские кельи постройки XVI— XVII веков, имеющие весьма значительные поздние архитектурные изменения.

Большой интерес представляют крепостные стены с башнями и воротами (XVI—XVII вв.), жилые палаты — братские кельи (XVI—XVII вв.), хозяйственные постройки (XVI—XIX вв.), а также богатые историко-краеведческие и художественные экспозиции, расположенные во многих зданиях архитектурного комплекса.

Вблизи каменного архитектурного ансамбля Ипатьевского монастыря с начала 1960-х годов начал создаваться музей деревянного зодчества. В настоящее время в музей «Народной архитектуры и быта», занимающий более 30 га, привезено и установлено 26 памятников как уникальных, так и типичных для Костромского края. Здесь можно увидеть крестьянские избы, житницы, бани, амбары, мельницы, церквушки, построенные в XVIII—XX веках и реставрированные в настоящее время. Музей деревянного зодчества продолжает развиваться.

Кострома но праву вошла в число красивейших городов «Золотого кольца» России и ее достопримечательности привлекают тысячи туристов и гостей города.

 

* * *

The ancient Russian town of Kostroma is situated on the Volga’s bank, 350 kilometres from Moscow.

Kostroma was burned-down many times that is why earlier buildings have not been preserved.

In the 17th century well-known architectural monuments were created. Among them are the Trinity Cathedral of the Ipatievsky Monastery, the Resurrection church on-the-Debre, the St John the Divine church in the Ipatiev settlement, the Birth of Christ church on-the-Goroditche.

In 1778, by order of Catherine II, Kostroma became an administrative centre of a large region, and in 1797 — the centre of Kostromskaya province. In this connection the construction of administrative buildings was began.

The building was conducted according to a general plan approved in 1784. The main

axses of the plan was perpendicular to the Volga’s enbankment and cut the central

square.

The fire-tower, the former buildings of the Governors offices and the Guard-house,

the inn, the shopping arcades form a cirele around the square. It took nearly a half

a century to create this ensemble. Among the architects worked on the project are such well-known ones as S. Vorotilov, P. Fursov, V. Stasov.

The harmonious design and unity of form of the ensemble was not broken by the late 19th century buildings, the Tretiakov house, the former Romanov museum and others.

The historical and architectural museum complex of the Ipatievsky Monastery is the town’s major attraction. It was founded in the 14th century but the monastery’s elaborate complex of buildings includes structures dating from the end of the 16th to the last quarter of the 19th centuries.

In the centre of the ensemble is the Trinity Cathedral built in 1652. The frescos in the cathedral were painted in 1685 by outstanding painters Guri Nikitin and Syla Savin, and their team. These frescos are the best examples of their work. The belfry built in the early 17th century stands on the main square. It had about twenty small and large balls and also an ancient clock with chimes. Near the western wall of the monastery the appartments of the Romanov boyars built in 16th—17th centuries are situated. The stone fortification with towers and gates (16th and 17th centuries), the auxiliary buildings (16th—18th centuries), the dwelling houses (16th—18th centuries), and also rich historical and art expositions of the complex are of interest.

Near the monastery the Museum of Old Wooden Structures began to be created in the early 1960s. At present the museum occupies an area of more than 30 hectares. Twenty six wooden structures, both typical and unique for Kostroma region moved here. Amorfg them are peasant huts, windmills, bath houses, barns, churches built in 16th—19th centuries and restored now. The formation of the Museum of Old Wooden Structures is still continuing at the present time.

Kostroma rightfully belongs to the towns of «Gold Ring&quot». Thousands of people come to Kostroma to enjoy its remarkable historical and architectural monuments.

The ancient Russian town of Kostroma is situated on the Volga’s bank, 350 kilometres from Moscow.

Kostroma was burned-down many times that is why earlier buildings have not been preserved.

In the 17th century well-known architectural monuments were created. Among them are the Trinity Cathedral of the Ipatievsky Monastery, the Resurrection church on-the-Debre, the St John the Divine church in the Ipatiev settlement, the Birth of Christ church on-the-Goroditche.

In 1778, by order of Catherine II, Kostroma became an administrative centre of a large region, and in 1797 — the centre of Kostromskaya province. In this connection the construction of administrative buildings was began.

The building was conducted according to a general plan approved in 1784. The main axses of the plan was perpendicular to the Volga’s enbankment and cut the central square.

The fire-tower, the former buildings of the Governors offices and the Guard-house, the inn, the shopping arcades form a cirele around the square. It took nearly a half a century to create this ensemble. Among the architects worked on the project are such well-known ones as S. Vorotilov, P. Fursov, V. Stasov.

The harmonious design and unity of form of the ensemble was not broken by the late 19th century buildings, the Tretiakov house, the former Romanov museum and others.

The historical and architectural museum complex of the Ipatievsky Monastery is the town’s major attraction. It was founded in the 14th century but the monastery’s elaborate complex of buildings includes structures dating from the end of the 16th to the last quarter of the 19th centuries.

In the centre of the ensemble is the Trinity Cathedral built in 1652. The frescos in the cathedral were painted in 1685 by outstanding painters Guri Nikitin and Syla Savin, and their team. These frescos are the best examples of their work. The belfry built in the early 17th century stands on the main square. It had about twenty small and large balls and also an ancient clock with chimes. Near the western wall of the monastery the appartments of the Romanov boyars built in 16th—17th centuries are situated. The stone fortification with towers and gates (16th and 17th centuries), the auxiliary buildings (16th—18th centuries), the dwelling houses (16th—18th centuries), and also rich historical and art expositions of the complex are of interest.

Near the monastery the Museum of Old Wooden Structures began to be created in the early 1960s. At present the museum occupies an area of more than 30 hectares. Twenty six wooden structures, both typical and unique for Kostroma region moved here. Amorfg them are peasant huts, windmills, bath houses, barns, churches built in 16th—19th centuries and restored now. The formation of the Museum of Old Wooden Structures is still continuing at the present time.

Kostroma rightfully belongs to the towns of «Gold Ring&quot». Thousands of people come to Kostroma to enjoy its remarkable historical and architectural monuments.

Добавить комментарий

Ваш e-mail не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

Этот сайт использует Akismet для борьбы со спамом. Узнайте как обрабатываются ваши данные комментариев.